Last semester, thanks to the “Becoming a Student Ready University Initiative,” we read Sara Goldrick-Rab’s Paying the Price, Beverly Daniel Tatum’s Why are all the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?, and Cia Verschelden’s Bandwidth Recovery. This year we’ll tackle a series of “tough” issues that percolated up through our community: course-scheduling, textbook affordability, and bias in student evaluations. Our first Tough Talk will be Course Crunch: Scheduling for Student Success on October 1 at 3-4:30pm in the 1965 room. Due to the cross-departmental nature of these issues, staff, faculty and students are welcome.
- Please register here if you plan to attend: https://uwgreenbay.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0BaDHLSpBQLgk2V
- Virtual session link will be provided via email after participants register
- Join the session here (use Chrome): https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/865216d5fd6341fab7b386e661be3ef7
- You can either choose to use your computer’s speakers for audio, or dial in:
- Phone number: 571-392-7650 PIN: 913 973 3391
- Participants can pose questions in the chat within the Blackboard Ultra room, and our room moderator will let the panel know when questions come in.